Noticed something in my Lantus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumpie_olgran

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I just noticed this morning before my basal that I can see a little floater in the transparent window of my Lantus pen. It's a bit hard to describe but looks a bit a very small petal or maybe a fake fingerprint if that makes any sense. It's not huge maybe 4 or 5 mm diameter and very thin.

Anyway point is I'm unsure whether that indicates contamination or a faulty batch or something? It's v early on in a new pen with the new only being Saturday just gone

Any experience on this or thoughts? I do have other pens in reserve which I coukd just head for now and bin this one

Thanks all

Edit: think I've managed to include a photo. It's the bit that's hovering over the middle zero in the hundred unit marker, although I'm not sure how good the picture quality is

Attachments

• IMG_20230220_075100.jpg
    IMG_20230220_075100.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
There definitely looks to be something there, which shouldn’t be there. I think I’d change to a new cartridge, if I were you, and take the one with the bit in back to the pharmacy and show them. Hey might want to report it, in case it’s a problem with the batch.

Thank you, yes having just sent the note, it actually felt obvious to me. Not sure what I'd be hoping to achieve by sticking it out with that cartridge
Thanks

I’d stop using that pen and start a fresh one.

Not sure if you want to tell your pharmacy so that they can report it with the Lot no etc?

I’d stop using that pen and start a fresh one.

Not sure if you want to tell your pharmacy so that they can report it with the Lot no etc?
Thanks Mike yes good idea to mention it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back