Not well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Eurgh!

Last few days have been hell with blood sugars and today it seems is going to be no different.
Bloods have sat around the 16mmol/L mark almost all week & today I wake up with 13.4 =( If I take more insulin I hypo =(
Went to bed at 3am after feeling really sick.
Hypoed at 4am with 3.1 so had to treat it which didn't make me feel any better.
Soooo don't have a clue what going on with my body or my diabetes anymore.
I've been sooo good cutting down my huge carb intake and no goodies and if I'm honest its seems to have made my levels worse.

I just want to feel well and normal again for one day. To forget about diabetes and enjoy myself. I know I might be feeling sick/bad even if I didn't have diabetes but somehow the diabetes just makes it all worse!!

Hi Loubie,

I can't give you any practical advice I'm affraid. I'm not on Insulin and have no experience of it.

But....

{{{{hug}}}}

This condition sucks!

I hope you're feeling better soon. I know when my BGs are poorly controlled I feel ill and miserable aswell.

xxx

Sorry to hear this Loubie, I have some idea of how you must feel as my diabetes has not been behaving at all well either lately - nowhere near as bad a time as you're having :( I wonder if it might be worth speaking to your team and getting a CGMS so that they can determine what is happening and when to cause such swings?

If you've been high all the time, I wonder if it's your basal insulin that needs changing - perhaps your liver is being a bit too active producing its background glucose for it to cover, and it may be that if you take more fast-acting then that is a bit too aggressive and short-term to deal effectively with that constant trickle from your liver? Just a thought. I hope things settle for you soon.

Hope you feel better xx

maybe a bug around loubie ...a few of us have been sicky ...take care hunny x🙂

oh, I hope you'll feel better soon x x

Oh Loubie, soo sorry your having a rough time hun.
I know my BS levels go up when I'm stressed :confused: Perhaps worth a visit to your doc or nurse to get yourself checked over an make sure all well physically, may put your mind at rest too!

Take it easy hun, big hugs, lv Shirl x

Hope u feel/get better soon Lou

Hope you get well soon Lou hugs all round hun X X X X

get_well_soon.gif

Hi Lou (((big hugs))) hope you are feeling better soon x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back