Not well

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,

not feelin too good today, hav a really upset stomach and been to the loo several times (sorry). Don't feel hungry and only had two slices of toast, have taken my Lantus and other meds as usual. Don't really know what else to do, other than keep drinking.

Oh yeah have terrible wind too 😱.

Shirl

You poor thing Shirl.

Keep drinking plenty of liquids.
Hope you feel better soon.
Di x

Thanx Di, feelin really cold too! I hate bein ill :( makes me really grumpy! Think I'll just head to bed!

Sounds like a rotten tummy big shirl, very sorry to hear and hope it gets better soon. Keep an eye on your levels as you may need to increase your lantus. Keeping well hydrated is very sensible too, but do see your doctor if it gets any worse - we diabetics need to be extra careful when we get poorly.

Thanx Northerner hadn't even thought about BS levels . . . oops, brain fade!
Will keep my eye on them, is first time I've been ill really since dx been lucky I guess.

If you find your levels dropping and dont want to eat - you can try lucozade or orange juice just to top you up - although I am not entirely certain that type 2's do drop?:confused:Bev

Thanx Bev, will try my best but turn into mrs grumpy, don't like bein ill!! :(

Off to bed now to try an get warm, nite, lv shirl x

Hi Shirl sorry i have just seen this hun, hope you get a good nights kip and feel better soon hun xxxx

I have found this thread just now. Nothing to add to what other people have already said, but I hope you'll be OK tomorrow.🙂

i think theres a tummy bug going about all my family have complained about the same symptoms as you over the weekend

I hope you feel better soon, if it seems to be getting worse or carries on for more than a couple of days, get medical advice.

On the days when I don't feel like eating much I find soup helps a lot, especially in the colder weather.

Thanx for all your replies 🙂 tummy seems to have settled down over night, thank goodness! Feel soooo cold this mornin so tryin to do some little jobs to keep warm. Got headache and feel really hung over, BS this mornin 7.7 so thats good!

Anyway thought I'd let u all know am still alive an kicking, LOL, take care all,
Shirl x

Thanx for all your replies 🙂 tummy seems to have settled down over night, thank goodness! Feel soooo cold this mornin so tryin to do some little jobs to keep warm. Got headache and feel really hung over, BS this mornin 7.7 so thats good!

Anyway thought I'd let u all know am still alive an kicking, LOL, take care all,
Shirl x

Thanks for the update Shirl, glad to hear that the tummy is feeling better 🙂 It's very cold and foggy here, I'm cold too!

Hi shirl glad to see your getting there, woke this morn to find i could not see anything outside it was so foggy.

Hi Steffie and Northerner,

well thought I was feelin betta! Just went really peculiar (yeah more than normal 🙂), my heart just started to flutter very fast, then evrything went black 😱 just for a few seconds, almost like I blacked out! Tested BS (thought I may be low) but was 8.3 don't know whats goin on stupid body, stupid evrythin . . . . . . . . .

Moan ova, soz,

shirl x

Hi Steffie and Northerner,

well thought I was feelin betta! Just went really peculiar (yeah more than normal 🙂), my heart just started to flutter very fast, then evrything went black 😱 just for a few seconds, almost like I blacked out! Tested BS (thought I may be low) but was 8.3 don't know whats goin on stupid body, stupid evrythin . . . . . . . . .

Moan ova, soz,

shirl x

hmm do you not feel the need to ring your GP hun? x x just for peace of mind

Thanx Steff,

don't like to keep ringing doc, feels like I'm always there! Would have to walk to get to see anyone too and not sure am up to that (don't drive) am gonna be on my own this afternoon too, daughter off to college.

Will just monitor how I feel and get ambulance if the heart thing happens again! Hpflly its a one off! Seein DSN next wk so will mention it to her.

take care, lv Shirl

Hi Shirl, I hope you are feeling better.

Don't worry about keep phoning the doctor, that's what he is there for. If you really don't want to phone him, try NHS Direct for advice.

On the days when it is cold and I feel cold, I find warm drinks help (plenty of tea or warm sugar free orange squash) and things like soup helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back