Not too happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura22

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Tested my BG at 8:30- 10.6mmol. Same as 6pm

So what do I do? Eat a 50g carb lasagne and two slices of wholemeal bread and dose myself 8u! I really hope it comes back down in 2 hours

:(

Tested my BG at 8:30- 10.6mmol. Same as 6pm

So what do I do? Eat a 50g carb lasagne and two slices of wholemeal bread and dose myself 8u! I really hope it comes back down in 2 hours

:(

have you considered splitting the dose for the lasagna? pasta is slow releasing, and the cheese on it (if it's got cheese on it) will slow it down even more. some people find splitting the dose helps to prevent a huge spike later on.

like i've just had pasta (67.5g carbs) so i've had 4u up front and i'll do the other 3 later on.

No I just did it all in 1.

Hopefully it will be OK later. If not the morning!

Will just have to wait and see I guess :(

Definately keep that in mind for next time! 🙂

Did you add any correction in with that? Not sure if you would correct a 10 or not?
I hope it came back down. In these situations it might be worth checking at 2 and 4 hours to see how the dose worked and if there is any need split it. Realise it woudl ahve menat staying up really late last night though.

I'm type 2 so it may work differently for me. I was told to keep below double figures and not to worry unless it was above 11

I managed to get it down to 7.5mmol at 10:20

Then went on to have a hypo at 2:40am (I woke up at 3.8mmol) and blood sugar at 6:45 when I always wake up was 8.9

I also tested at 8am (after breakfast and work) it was 9.7mmol 🙂() and just now at 10 and it's 5.2mmol 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back