Not taking novarapid for breakfast or dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have stopped taking my nova for before breakfast or dinner, due to me still being on tiny amounts of insulin, my blood sugar never goes over ten due to the fact i am still honeymooning i think?

Will this be doing any harm? i am still taking my eveing nova and 15 units of levimer though, thanks guys

Hi Scotty, any reading out of range is potentially harmful, so really you should be trying to keep things in the 4-8 range, or whatever targets have been given to you by the DSN/consultant. Would you go hypo if you were to take, say, 1 unit?

Hi Scotty, any reading out of range is potentially harmful, so really you should be trying to keep things in the 4-8 range, or whatever targets have been given to you by the DSN/consultant. Would you go hypo if you were to take, say, 1 unit?

I would usually go hypo if taking like 2-3 units

I would usually go hypo if taking like 2-3 units

In that case, if it were me, I'd try with one unit just to give my spluttering pancreas a bit of help to stay within range. Do you have a pen that delivers half units?

hey Scotty, I went a while not needing much and had a long weekend in a hot country where I didn't take any (except my levemir) and had a week at home when I didn't take any. However Northe is right try just taking the 1 unit (unless of course you'll hypo!) keep testing and when you have an extra carby meal take more. Your not alone, and continue to test so you know whats going on!

Take care

Rossi

I can be like that at times.

I found mostly with lasange on weekends (dinnertimeish). I could be 7 and have no insulin. 3or so hours later i would be hypo. so i would correct. On occasions, i would check after hypo and be 5.something then hypo again within an hour. :confused:

I really suppose it depends, although as mentioned you should have some really. Try having a little extra carb to have some insulin with when you eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back