Not sure where to put this New Thread so gone for the easy option and put it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Brownlow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Ok, here goes -

I exercise a lot and generally BG is good but very often during the day after a long session the night before or after a long morning session I get hungry - either side of meals. I fancy a snack now and then!

Here's the problem - I need to lose a bit of weight so what snacks could I have in between meals that don't have fat or carbs, no fish. (or does that just leave water):D

Hope that makes sense??

It might sound a bit silly, but I go for cup-a-soups as they tend to be low carb and low calorie, but still give you the feeling of having something in your belly 🙂

my son swears that the best is cream of aspargus and minastroni (? SP)

id keep clear of any Meat ones ..dried meat rehydrated ?? ummm:confused:

Avoid the ones with croutons in. I like the cream of asparagus too and Tescos Golden Vegetable isn't bad.

My wife (not diabetic) likes the Gourmet selection 10 calorie soup packets she buys in Morrisons. (2g carb per packet)

I have cuppa soups too, I like tomatoe and mushroom. If you feel you need something to chew, try a celery stick or carot battons. Wheni am at my desk at work I try to keep some fruit and a few nuts on hand.

I also like Cadburys Options, but have to limit myself to just one or two!

meat is low carb (but always check the packaging), eggs are low carb but can affect your BG levels so you'd have to decide if you can get away with them, cottage cheese, cheese in general...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back