Not sure what this is if anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
OK, so I am only recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes since 1st July 22. I have changed to a low carb, low fat, low sugar diet and regular exercise to see if I can treat with diet before my first clinic appointment. I have lost 17 pounds in weight and feel like mostly everything is going really well.

Today I went out in the hot weather for a while with my daughter and her boyfriend, when we got back I was sleepy so went to the lounge to take a nap on the sofa. I couldnt get comfortable as was feeling shivery and really really cold. I got a furry throw and slept for a while under that. Then I woke feeling ravenous and shakey. I had my strawberries and yoghurt and now 20 mins or so on, I feel fine.

My daughters boyfriend has just told me that my daughter has said exactly the same thing to him, that she is really cold feels tired and has a headache so cant sleep.

Is this just a reaction to the heat or should I be worried. I am not on any medications but I do remember before I was diagnosed I would frequently wake in the early hours, about 3am feeling so hungry I couldnt get back to sleep without eating something like a cereal or toast. So it may just be the way I am but I want to make sure I am not slipping backwards as my hunger was being managed until today with the regular meals.

Our house is really hot today too so its like being cold in a sauna

I’d do a Covid test just in case. There’s a lot of it about and with your daughter feeling off too, it makes sense.

It could just be the heat though. Heat exhaustion can make you feel unwell.

I’d do a Covid test just in case. There’s a lot of it about and with your daughter feeling off too, it makes sense.

It could just be the heat though. Heat exhaustion can make you feel unwell.
Yes this did also cross my mind, I have not had Covid yet, my daughter has had it about 8 months ago (works with children so inevitable) I hope it isnt as I am flying to Ireland next week for my sons wedding. I will test though as it could be what it is. More likely to be my daughter than me as she is more social, went on a recent hen weekend etc so more opportunity to catch it than me as I work from home and have no social life 🙂 She lives with me though so I guess we may well both have it.

I wouldn't worry.
In this heat all bets are off.
Covid, heat stroke, low blood sugar, or nothing at all. Just keep hydrated and go with checking your temperature if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back