Not meaning to be smug, honestly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredHeart

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
No, really, I'm not.

Buuuuut.....

I got around to weighing myself again today, because the Balance Board for the Wii finally has batteries 🙄

I've lost another 5lb since I last weighed myself 😱

That means I'm currently 11st 6lb, which is the lightest I've been since.....erm....🙄

I'm so pleased with this, because I've had people congratulating me on my weight loss, since I lost about a stone and a half pre-diagnosis, but that wasn't like I was TRYING to lose it, or had any real hand in it! So that I've not put it back on, and I've lost more has made me really happy :D

Like I said, I'm not trying to be smug, I promise!

You are not being smug, your weightloss is a great acheivement! Well done - onward and downward :D

well done becky, that's so good.

let me know your secret if you realise what it is :D

That is brilliant, especially since most people gain wieght ober Christmas. You have every right to be pleased with yourself, even a little smug🙂

brill news becky no smugness at all,well done keep it up x

Managing to lose weight at this time of year is a real achievement. Well done Becky.

Good going Becky! Carry on until you need to stop :D

Well done, I am going to try and lose weight after all the christmas treats are gone. Did you do it through adjusting your diet or through exercise, or both?

Thanks for all the replies guys 🙂

Well done, I am going to try and lose weight after all the christmas treats are gone. Did you do it through adjusting your diet or through exercise, or both?

A bit of both really. I've changed the way I eat a fair bit since diagnosis, and I've taken up ballroom and latin dance classes, which I do twice a week, and are a fair old work out! :D

I had a surprise when I saw my consultant last week, seemed to have lost 1.8Kg more than my scales said and that was with clothes and shoes on, at home I wear nothing (don't look!)...

So yesterday in LIDL (big spender 🙄) there were some scales with a remote display, so I bought them. Sure enough my old scales are close on 2Kg out and now I don't have that weird dance routine trying to look down and past things to see the display 🙂

Only probelm is, I'm not supposed to be loosing weight.

These Wii Boards look great, I had to pack my Wii away, too dangerous one cut hand and hole in ceiling later - my ceilings at 6'10" and I'm 6'3" and with long arms :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back