Not hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacinta (Australian)

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello lovelies as of the past couple of days I haven’t been hungry at all , I still manage to push myself to eat but I just most of the time see no point in eating if I’m not hungry , but I’m not sure if that’s okay being a type 2 diabetic, are their any risks of not eating when your not hungry ???

Like earlier today I wasn’t hungry like at all but I had a raw green capsicum sandwich with a burger patty , lettuce , tomato , cheese, cucumber and full fat mayo .

I have read on google that skipping meals since being type 2 isn’t healthy for us because appranetly our body doesn’t produce insulin properly or something along those lines .

May I have advice please lovelies ??? I have to book in to see my nurse for a catch up and see where everything is at I suppose . I’ve just been busy as I just started a new job and I’ve been focusing on that and once I have my body clock rearranged with everything I plan to go see my nurse and see how everything is going .

Don’t want to do something that I shouldn’t and put myself at risk of anything because I’m silly and don’t eat when or if I need to . Like I don’t even want to eat cheese or an egg for that matter , like last night all I had for dinner was cut up cucumber , tomato , celery , capsicum and snow peas on a plate with some salt and vinegar peanuts and that’s it and I wasn’t hungry at all don’t know why .

Last edited:
It depends, if you are on insulin or any other treatment which lowers your blood sugar, then you need to balance that with food. If you are on diet control only then I don’t see how it matters if you don’t eat 3 meals a day, but hopefully some type 2s will be along soon who know more about it than i do!

It depends, if you are on insulin or any other treatment which lowers your blood sugar, then you need to balance that with food. If you are on diet control only then I don’t see how it matters if you don’t eat 3 meals a day, but hopefully some type 2s will be along soon who know more about it than i do!
Hello lovely , I’m on metformin 1x 500mg and on low carb diet .

I will skip a meal at least one day a week, as I am not hungry. There is no need to eat - in fact it helps to empty out the storage spots. If you are fat adapted it is hardly noticeable. I only eat twice a day at most.

You are better spreading your carb intake over the whole day to make the best use of the limited ability that you have to deal with them.

Apart from that no problem!

It depends on what you normally eat.
Yes, if you eat carbs at all, skipping meals does mean your pancreas is s bit slow to respond next time, so you can spike higher.
Also, if you don't eat carbs, or limit them, quite a few have found it seems to end the desire to eat.
I guess it depends on whether or not you like to feel hungry, or whether you want to program yourself to eat from rote.
I'd certainly miss looking forward to food to be honest.

Hello lovely , I’m on metformin 1x 500mg and on low carb diet .

Metformin isn’t usually associated with a risk of hypoglycaemia. How is your weight? If you are happy that you are at a steady and healthy weight, then skipping a meal here and there seems fine (some people intentionally opt for periods of fasting as part of their routine).

If you are worried about it, begin to become concerned about weight loss, or if this is really unusual for you, perhaps make a note to discuss it at your next appointment, or book to see your GP?

I am not trying to hijack your thread, just joining the conversation: For just over a month now, I have been on Metformin (3*500 mg/day) along with Empagliflozin (1*25mg/day) and a serious cutting back of carbs. (Today was my first day without my small potato or any other high carb foodstuffs.) Probably because of the reasons outlined above, I also have noticed a distinct lack of appetite.

Due to my situation, I can't really follow @leonS's advice and spread my eating habits over the day. Therefore, noting what @Sally71 said and the fact I am taking Empagliflozin, having read this thread, I think I am going to start reducing plate sizes. Normally, pre-diabetes, I would stoke up with one medium plateful for lunch, and an even larger one during the evening. So, reducing plate size, while psychological difficult, will help me cut back the carbs even further.

Thanks for posting
Irvine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back