Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh the joys,

So upped my basal by one unit, since then I've noticed my dinner ratio dropping back to where it used to be used to be before my basal dropped in autumn. Changed my sensor 2nd day in to new basal unit, ok first day, 2nd night kept alarming stick tests showed it could be faulty but might not be. Then settled for 2 days then tonight my evening meal time ratio dropped dramatically - went from 11 to 7 in 30 mins and that was before my Lyumjev had peaked! I was expecting a drop but this was much more than I was expecting it to do. Stick test say 8.6. Then my sensor starts faffing around with lows but stick tests confirm that I'm lower than expected but no where near as low as the sensor shows. Much more than the 20 percent leeway that Abbott says is acceptable. So alarm goes off at 5.5 stick test says 8.6.
I e ended up eating 50% of carbs I had for dinner to stave off the hypo and I've not gone into the orange.

With a faulty sensor in the middle of it arrrgggg!
Just having a moan!

Go by your finger prick test. If you weren’t hypo, then I wouldn’t have eaten. Switch the Low Alarm off temporarily if it was being silly and reassure yourself with the fingerpricks.

Hi Inka the thing is I'm hungry, stick tests are showing that I'm not going up by much at all. I'm still well in range. I remember the dB nurse saying to me ages ago that if I'm in the green and hungry then eat. Your body is telling you it' needs food lol. This new basal brought me down from 11 last night at 11.30 to 8 by 1am so i should be fine overnight other than the possibility of going to low. Can't make my mind up if this raise of a unit on my basal is actually too much heyho. I'll see what dbn says tomorrow.

Sorry @gillrogers I wasn’t clear. Of course you can eat! What I meant was you don’t need to treat a ‘hypo’ if your fingerpricks show you’re not low.

Sorry @gillrogers I wasn’t clear. Of course you can eat! What I meant was you don’t need to treat a ‘hypo’ if your fingerpricks show you’re not low.
Haha that's ok I know. I do have a tendency to panic though lol. It's keeping me awake. Sensor says 6 something stick test says 9. And I'm still blooming hungry lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back