Not feeling well

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksbubbe

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Last night I was sick and today I'm constantly nauseous. Also running to the bathroom to sit on the white throne. I don't want to eat but have to due to the Metformin, Glyicide, and Byetta. I also feel cold. Strange. Any ideas of what I can eat? I've been sipping warm flat ginger ale which helps. Thank you.

Hi.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell. Since you are taking Gliclazide I am hoping that you have a means of testing your Blood Glucose (BG) levels via a finger prick? If so, can you test and tell us what sort of level they are at?

Do you think you have a bug or do you feel like it may be related to your medication or diabetes?

The ginger ale that you are drinking is that full sugar or a diet/low calorie version? Just concerned that if your BG levels are dangerously high that adding more sugar from a drink might cause you to go into crisis.

Last night I was sick and today I'm constantly nauseous. Also running to the bathroom to sit on the white throne. I don't want to eat but have to due to the Metformin, Glyicide, and Byetta. I also feel cold. Strange. Any ideas of what I can eat? I've been sipping warm flat ginger ale which helps. Thank you.
This happened to me a few weeks ago and ended up in hospital, if your sugars are high or if you are still unwell please seek advice, I went into diabetic ketosis because I couldn’t stabilise my bloods, I am type 2 so if unsure please ring 111

I think it's a bug. I'm hot then cold. In fact I just took off a heavy winter jacket. I did just test and it was 10.8, very unusual for me. The ginger ale zero calories, I never drink regular drinks. It's not my meds, nothing is new. I'm feeling a little bit better. I'll have an early night.
Thanks for responding so quickly.

Hope you feel better in the morning but do keep a close check on your levels and if you get up to mid teens seek medical advice. Do you have a means of testing for Ketones? Ketostix perhaps which you dip in your urine?

I think it's a bug. I'm hot then cold. In fact I just took off a heavy winter jacket. I did just test and it was 10.8, very unusual for me. The ginger ale zero calories, I never drink regular drinks. It's not my meds, nothing is new. I'm feeling a little bit better. I'll have an early night.
Thanks for responding so quickly.
I thought same but because I have diabetes and on meds plus insulin the hospital didn’t want to chance things and turned out they were right, please keep a very close eye on things and keep drinking, it can’t hurt to ring 111 especially if your bloods go any higher and agree with @rebrascora if you can get access to keto test strips then test as well, I think you can get on Amazon if no one can go get some

PS. I find paracetamol really helps to regulate temperature when you are hot and cold like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back