Not feeling too well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotchop

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening everyone!

The doc has changed my tabs now for the 3rd time since diagnosis in january and this latest change has made me feel rotten :(

ive gone from 2 x metformin and 2 x gliclizide (sp) in morning and 2 x metformin in the evening to 1 x mf and 1 x gl in am and 2 x mf in evening..

ive got a raging thirst, worst than before diagnosis, heartburn to die for and a real feeling that i want to vomit ( sorry!) all the time and i could sleep on a pin im so tired.. if i hadnt had a hysterectomy, i would swear i was pregnant!! lol

the change was made on tuesday and ive felt like this since the wednesday.. gonna pop along to see my doc in the morning.. again! I feel like I live at the surgery these days but he is very good with me to be honest..

just wanted a vent.. sorry! :confused:

Forgot to say that the reason for the change is because 2 x gl in the am sent me spiralling into a hypo of circa 3.5 which would cause havoc trying to make right for the rest of the day

Hi, I hope you are feeling better soon. One of the side effects of metformin is feeling sick and having an upset tummy, and lots of wind, which settles in a while. Yes see the doctor and see what he says. No one should have to feel so awfull.

If you are feeling thirsty all the time, make sure you have plenty to drink. especially sugar free stuff. Personally when I am thirsty plain water works for me, I can't push the stuff enough, but we are all different. Tell the doctor about your raging thirst too.

Caroline is right about metformin. It could be what is causing you to feel dreadful - take a look at the Patient Information leaflet.

If you are on the standard metformin and not the modified release - see if you can change to that. It is meant to lessen the side-effects. It is also meant to be intoduced in stages so you get used to one dose then it is increase till they get to the maximum for you. That is what I was told anyway. The only thing is you have to ensure you swallow the tablet whole or else you don't get the staggered dose.

Good luck at the Docs

Thank you for ur replies.

I saw the doc this morning and he has reduced the mf to 1 x twice a day and increased the gl to 1 in the morning and 1 at lunchtime

fingers crossed! Im sure doc is pissed off with me im there so often :(

Thank you for ur replies.

I saw the doc this morning and he has reduced the mf to 1 x twice a day and increased the gl to 1 in the morning and 1 at lunchtime

fingers crossed! Im sure doc is pissed off with me im there so often :(

Hope the change in your meds helps. Don't worry what the doctor thinks, it's your health and if you need an appointment you need an appointment. SOmetimes we have to be a bit persistent with our doctors to get the things we need.

Hi Hotchop how are you feeling now?

Hope your better.

Hiya steff

I feel on top of the world! The best I've felt in ages, nearly normal even

My levels are about 7 before food and circa 11 after but better than they were

I now take 1 x mf in am

1 x gl in am

1 x gl at lunchtime and

1 x mf in evening

Its workiing!!! Just needed to play around with it

Are u ok?

Hiya steff

I feel on top of the world! The best I've felt in ages, nearly normal even

My levels are about 7 before food and circa 11 after but better than they were

I now take 1 x mf in am

1 x gl in am

1 x gl at lunchtime and

1 x mf in evening

Its workiing!!! Just needed to play around with it

Are u ok?

Thats great sounds alot like my medication regime, Me im fine thank you just outta hosipital but feel real good at the minute.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back