Not diabetic related but just so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My husband has terminal lung cancer and isn't supposed to be here, he had imnotherapy hope I've spelt it correctly which was a 2 year course, that finished 6 months ago,he is now monitored every 3 months his last scan was late December and they just phoned him with the results the consultant said it was very good news and there was no reoccurrence bit surprised by his comment my hubby asked has it gone he said let's say its very stable and you don't need another scan for 6 months his parting words were fingers crossed sorry for the long post I can't stop shaking . He it diabetic and has stopped medication as the doctor says he no longer needs it

Great news @Pam123. Long may his remission continue.

That's wonderful news. Thanks for sharing.

Delighted for you both and fingers crossed that the next result is equally good news!

What fabulous news!

Brilliant news! Pleased for you both!

This is wonderful news, a great way to start the day, Best of luck to both of you

That's wonderful news. Thanks for sharing.
Hello i am a Type 1 and i hope you don't mind me asking what is Diabetes Type 3c i not really heard off it maybe becasue not enough information is out there like another 1 i can think off, hope your ok and i was just wondering how you manage with Type 3c. Matthew

Hello i am a Type 1 and i hope you don't mind me asking what is Diabetes Type 3c i not really heard off it maybe becasue not enough information is out there like another 1 i can think off, hope your ok and i was just wondering how you manage with Type 3c. Matthew

This has a good explanation

Hi @Celtic38,
I had pancreatic cancer with a tumour trying to engulf my pancreas. Surgery in Feb '20 resulted in a total pancreatectomy and instant Diabetes. I was discharged from Hospital as T1, although in practice I don't have the autoimmune conditions of T1 nor the insulin resistance associated with T2. This would have been slightly more accurate if I'd been discharged "as if T1"

My diagnosis of D which is neither T1 nor T2 can be diagnosed as T3c, resulting from damage to one's pancreas. In the opening section of this forum ( Welcome and Getting started) there is information about most of the many other, but miniscule number of people with these other types. See:

As a slightly crude generality 10% are all the T1s and 90% all the T2s; leaving less than 1% for the rest of us!

The diagnosis of Diabetes comes from the symptoms and the treatment is not constrained by that diagnosis. We have at least 1x T3c member who is currently on oral meds only and another who has only recently moved onto insulin. As awareness of the subtleties of different types of D increases in UK it is becoming a little more common to encounter people diagnosed straightaway as T3x (where x goes from a-k, for different types of pancreatic damage). But there are still far too many Health Care Practicioners who have not heard of T3c or other T3 subtypes.

Almost all those diagnosed as T1 are immediately given insulin as their long term treatment My 21 yr old niece got hit by DKA while travelling in Italy; got hospitalised, treated, discharged as T1, confirmed as T1 back in UK but reduced to oral meds NOT insulin; rare and she knows she will eventually need insulin. Her father, my brother, was taken ill on his 60th birthday and in hospital diagnosed as T2 and spent his next 15 yrs fluctuating between oral meds and insulin; he was unfortunate enough to initially neglect his T2, had silly high BG, got a knock on an ankle that went septic and he eventually lost that leg - 12 months later had to surrender his other leg before sepsis killed him. He spent his last 12 years confined to a wheelchair.

Gary Scheiner in his book "Think Like a Pancreas" describes Diabetes as Complicated, Confusing and Contradictory. He is so right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back