Not A Bad Article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildersleeve

Relationship to Diabetes
At risk of diabetes
Pronouns
He/Him
In today's Telegraph(it appeared on my timeline by chance)talking in general terms about a low sugar diet and explaining the pro's and con's but to read the whole thing I had to sign up to a free trial. Chances are the information is here and shared between us. Or on other sites.

They do a fair few health topics and rarely try to sell or promote a book or product which makes a change.

I was going to link to it. But seeing I had to sign up I thought I might be wasting my time. Because others would have to. Cheers if this has worked.

In today's Telegraph(it appeared on my timeline by chance)talking in general terms about a low sugar diet and explaining the pro's and con's but to read the whole thing I had to sign up to a free trial. Chances are the information is here and shared between us. Or on other sites.

They do a fair few health topics and rarely try to sell or promote a book or product which makes a change.
For someone unable to deal with carbs, low sugar is as much use as a chocolate tea pot, as starches are digested quickly and become simple sugars.
I was following GP supplied printouts for decades, low fat, high starch, and was very overweight and then was told I was a very bad diabetic - these days I eat red meat and fat (amongst other things) and see normal numbers,

Admin edit: post was moved here from a duplicate thread.

I was going to link to it. But seeing I had to sign up I thought I might be wasting my time. Because others would have to. Cheers if this has worked.
I hope it works; I've no way of checking because I'm a subscriber and if I follow the link I can see the whole article because it recognises my IPP address.

That said, I'm not convinced it's informative because it concentrates on reducing sugar in isolation rather than advising certain foods, e.g., porridge, convert to sugar once digested.

I hope it works; I've no way of checking because I'm a subscriber and if I follow the link I can see the whole article because it recognises my IPP address.

That said, I'm not convinced it's informative because it concentrates on reducing sugar in isolation rather than advising certain foods, e.g., porridge, convert to sugar once digested.

I am not a subscriber and I can't read the article from your link so it doesn't help but thanks for trying.

I must confess, any article which mentions or promotes the reduction of sugar specifically in relation to diabetes is to my mind, perpetuating the myth of sugar being the problem and as a result, the general public and some health care professionals too remain ignorant of the big issue, so I am not overly interested in reading it from what you say about the focus of it and obviously the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back