Nose bleeds and dizzy spells

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Possibly nothing to do with the diabetes or the drugs, but I had another light nosebleed this morning, the second in a month and not a normal occurrence for me at all. Plus, I keep getting dizzy spells, especially at night, that don't seem to be related to my BGL. The folk at the practice don't seem much bothered, just told me to mention it to the DSN at my appointment.

Anyone else had these problems?

Is your blood pressure normal?

BP is in the normal range, 120/80. It's not that.

Are you too hot when the nose bleeds happen? Have you been doing anything energetic, sports or anything during the day? If you want to see if they fall into a pattern keep a diary.

Check it out with the DSN when you see her as it is more reassurance. If you are uncertain, it is always wise to get re-assurance.

My brother used to get regular nose bleeds till he was about 12, and the little boy we adopted gets nose bleeds, usually when he is too hot or after a temper tantrum. My GP says he will grow out of them.

Are you on aspirin? That can cause more bleeding than nrmal, and you might be noticing ones that otherwise you wouldn't have though twice about. Might b worth a call to NHS direct.

Nope, no aspirin, or any other painkillers, if I do take anything it's normally Nurofen. All I'm taking is the Metformin, Gliclazide and Simvastatin. I do have a bit of a cough and a wheeze, no temperature or stuffed up nose though. No breathlessness, nothing else that's unusual. That's why I'm so puzzled.

never had a nosebleed but i do get dizzy probs twice a week but thats cause i have no breakfast and i go straight from school to supermarket.

poor ole you alison..you could be comming down with sumthing..with the nasty cold that lasts a couple of days...see rossi thread... my stepon got a nose bleed from having to blow nose and sinus prob...keep an eye on your temp. hey hows the knitting going?🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back