Noro Virus reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My smallest grandchild had just started throwing up everywhere - poor little dot is only just a year old - we had already set off when it started and it is a 2 hour drive.
We were OK for about a day after reaching home on that Sunday evening, but I began to feel a little odd, my insides were rumbling, but I was not sick.
My husband though - oh my.
The only real difference in our lifestyles is that my husband has sugar in his coffee and a lot more carbs in his meals.
Today, Tuesday I am up and about and he's flat out in bed.
I am a few years older than him, so I have been a bit surprised at the different reactions.

My smallest grandchild had just started throwing up everywhere - poor little dot is only just a year old - we had already set off when it started and it is a 2 hour drive.
We were OK for about a day after reaching home on that Sunday evening, but I began to feel a little odd, my insides were rumbling, but I was not sick.
My husband though - oh my.
The only real difference in our lifestyles is that my husband has sugar in his coffee and a lot more carbs in his meals.
Today, Tuesday I am up and about and he's flat out in bed.
I am a few years older than him, so I have been a bit surprised at the different reactions.
It may depend on whether you’ve ever met the particular bug before. I had a horrendous bug, probably Norovirus, about a month ago, the worst I can ever remember having, and managed not to give it to my husband, although he said he felt a bit off and queasy a couple of days after I’d started. He recalled that he’d had a similar horrendous vomiting bug in 1972, when it seemed like the whole of Preston got it, (it was a Preston Guild year, they happen every 20years, and loads of people were back from all over the country and mixing, so it spread like wildfire). Oh, and he eats more carbs than I do because not having diabetes, he doesn’t need to calculate insulin like I do.

I don't think I've had that virus - if my husband's symptoms were anything to go by it can be pretty memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back