normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to sound rude but we have just had to have a thread closed for something similier , i have a feeling this thread will go the same way.

my thoughts exactly steff

we've been over this so many times in the other thread - there is no "normal" way of doing it. You test your blood as many times as you feel comfortable with.

case closed

its a question that needs to be answered and i want peoples opions he shouldnt have made it so personal what those were doing is a form of bullying and i aint having that simple has

its a question that needs to be answered and i want peoples opions he shouldnt have made it so personal what those were doing is a form of bullying and i aint having that simple has

but you will get the same people commenting in here that did in the closed threads and the same will occur, people will get personal and things will go around in circles.

matt see my response above.

Steff is right - it will just go around in circles resulting in more animosity. And this forum is here for support, not for arguing with each other 🙂

so are you saying there right for calling someone not normal and excessive then ? dont u think they should be chucked of here

This was a post for the thread that closed.

Those tests were 6/7 months apart, most of which I wasn't testing at all (for reasons well documented on this very site) yet my numbers still improved. The next test will/should show further improvement. As during that time I have felt great and had on the whole goodish readings.

But anyway you have HIT the nail on the head, my DSN could be telling me a load of old codswollop in order to save money on test strips or some other reason. If I don't question what I feel is strange how else am I going to learn?

Closing threads that challenge what people think or believe is NOT going to help anybody.

Steph I have tried to explain to the others (in private) that maybe my words arn't coming across right in print, however for me this is not an argument. It is becoming a very informative discussion.

I would like to state here: don't think I've read the 'other post'.

But 'normal' people don't have diabetes, so of course it's not 'normal' to test your blood on a daily basis at all. I 'normally' test mine whenever I'm worried I might be high or low, and before eats.

so are you saying there right for calling someone not normal and excessive then ? dont u think they should be chucked of here

Matthew please dont say things i did not , i refuse to get into any kind of comfrontation with you , i can clearly see you have been upset my comments but i am simply saying this place is not one for having row after row it is a place for support and help not catfights.

matt, chill please. And no, they shouldn't be banned from the forum for stating an opinion, and personally I don't think what they were saying was any form of bullying either. This is just going to continue something that was already going around in circles.

As I have previously said - we test as much as we are comfortable with. If someone is of the opinion that my ten plus tests a day is excessive then so be it, let them think that - I'm not really that bothered as I know my diabetes is as controlled as it can be right now pre pump. There is no normal/not normal when it comes to BG testing at all - as I have said above, twice.

Come on guys, I didn't close that thread so that the argument could continue afresh here!

I'm going to close this one, for now at least, appreciate that may not please everyone but I think everyone has had a chance to put their point across and the same row going round again and again upsetting more people each time isn't helpful for the board.

If anyone disagrees then suggest a pm to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back