Normal tension glaucoma

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Always something new with My Left Eye ... Dealt successfully with diabetic macular oedema, but now at my regular ophthalmalogist checkup he sees some changes to the optic nerve, consistent with early signs of normal tension glaucoma: IOP, corneal thickness both normal; no apparent symptoms. He's scheduled a visual field test for my next visit in a few months.

Anyone with any anecdotes about this? As far as I can tell, if it is NTG then treatment would be much the same as for classic glaucoma - even though IOP is in the normal range, getting it down further may retard progression and anyway there aren't many other levers to pull.

Just for spice I've decided I might have Flammer Syndrome https://www.glaucomaresearch.ch/en/glaucoma-flammer-syndrom/ I tick quite a few of the boxes (typing away here with my freezing cold fingers). Anybody in that club? Maybe I will need to start eating more sodium, going against all of my self-training from the last 6 years.

Fashion tips for eye patches?

Visual field test today - normal, no signs of glaucoma. Bullet: dodged. Phew!

The search for a stylish eyepatch gets relegated to background low priority.

Last edited:
That's good news @Eddy Edson - you cna take your time to find a really snazzy eyepatch!

Visual field test today - normal, no signs of glaucoma. Bullet: dodged. Phew!

The search for a stylish eyepatch gets relegated to background low priority.

Phew! What a relief for you Eddy. Glad to hear you’ve had the all clear.

I have seen a photo of our revered Admin, @everydayupsanddowns wearing a very stylish Pirate captain's outfit whilst wielding a guitar - and I do believe there was an eye patch involved, but I stress, no parrot! Perhaps he knows of a source, although it may be nearer Bristol than Brisbane!

I have seen a photo of our revered Admin, @everydayupsanddowns wearing a very stylish Pirate captain's outfit whilst wielding a guitar - and I do believe there was an eye patch involved, but I stress, no parrot! Perhaps he knows of a source, although it may be nearer Bristol than Brisbane!
I've got the parrot sorted (well, cockie) ...

1727088263032.jpeg

Actually, these days I carry a stick over my shoulder when the cockies are around to put them off landing on me & being annoying, like this character.

Last edited:
Back