Normal levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen999

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Despite loosing 3.5 stone in weight walking everyday and averaging 120g carbs a day my hba1c has once again gone up to 56. Interesting tho when I phoned for my results I was told it's in. Normal range.
So my idea of normal would
be 42-48. What's the general opinion here?

Normal is generally considered to be below 41, with 42-47 being classed as pre-diabetic (or at risk of diabetes). Seems odd that your Practice would say that 56 is normal, if that's what your HbA1c is, unless they're mistaking it for 5.6%, the old measure.

Normal is generally considered to be below 41, with 42-47 being classed as pre-diabetic (or at risk of diabetes). Seems odd that your Practice would say that 56 is normal, if that's what your HbA1c is.
That's what I thought. She did mention that I was taking Metformin so I assume 56 is classed as normal if your on meds.

Despite loosing 3.5 stone in weight walking everyday and averaging 120g carbs a day my hba1c has once again gone up to 56. Interesting tho when I phoned for my results I was told it's in. Normal range.
So my idea of normal would
be 42-48. What's the general opinion here?
They will have meant normal in the context of being diabetic, as in no further action needed from the GP, we already know she’s diabetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back