Normal levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodders1960

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, i know the normal levels for non diabetics, but can this be different for diabetics? I am T2, and tested 4.5mmol. My hubby says it fine, but i feel wobbly and just had a heavy nose bleed. Any thoughts please?

Hi, i know the normal levels for non diabetics, but can this be different for diabetics? I am T2, and tested 4.5mmol. My hubby says it fine, but i feel wobbly and just had a heavy nose bleed. Any thoughts please?
Look fine to me. But in relation to the numbers you normally see on your meter. What are they?

Just lately this seems to be where my numbers are.

That is good. It sounds like you have been really successful in bringing your levels down.
I like to tootle along in the mid 4s to 5s most of the time if I can..... not always so easy on insulin. Those are good levels though. The odd high 3 shouldn't be a problem either.
Really sorry to hear you had a nose bleed though! Is that something you suffer from occasionally or is it a very unusual occurrence? Are you able to check your Blood Pressure at home? Generally a low carb diet (if that is what you are doing) will reduce blood pressure and if you are on blood pressure meds then sometimes you need to be careful and perhaps reduce them if levels start dropping but I would expect a nose bleed to be more likely caused by high BP so might be worth doing some checking of your BP too.

Just lately this seems to be where my numbers are.
Sounds good to me. Prolonged high BGs can feel the “normal” so when back down into healthy range. It can feel like a wobbly episode? (For some, till acclimatised to the new normal.)
The nosebleed. Have you had or have some sort of sinus infection, or are you prone to nosebleeds?

Thanks for the replies. I am statins, but my BP has been reaĺly good for a while.now. just have to see how it goes. I dont normally have problems with nose bleeds.

I'm often in the 4s, especially if we go for a walk after dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back