"Normal" blood sugar graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Does anyone have a link to a sample graph that shows what a non-diabetic persons blood sugar does after eating and after exercise.

Thanks

Not really what I am after - I would like to see how my BG compares to that of a non-diabetics after a meal. Obviously thios will vary depending on what and how much has been consumed but the shape of a graph after certain food types might be interesting.

Thanks

Not really what I am after - I would like to see how my BG compares to that of a non-diabetics after a meal. Obviously thios will vary depending on what and how much has been consumed but the shape of a graph after certain food types might be interesting.

Dear Sandy,

Have a look at this -it's for non diabetics!

Blood Glucose after Meals

Divide the mg/dL values by 18 to get European values in mmol/L

Warmest Regards Dodger

Thanks Dodger that is what I am looking for

Dear Sandy,

Have a look at this -it's for non diabetics!

Blood Glucose after Meals

Divide the mg/dL values by 18 to get European values in mmol/L

Warmest Regards Dodger

The whole lecture that the slide originally formed part of is well worth watching

This study produced some interesting graphs They were non diabetics , various carbs were tested such as rice,bread, legumes and milk :some separated into high, medium and low gi varieties.The graphs show postprandial increase, ( 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, and 120 min.)
(p101-102)

Table 1 also gives the average peak level for each food. Glucose for example was 8.60 mmol/l, potato 8.67mmol/l but legumes only 5.83mmol/l and pasta 6.88mmol/l
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/89/1/97

The whole lecture that the slide originally formed part of is well worth watching

This study produced some interesting graphs They were non diabetics , various carbs were tested such as rice,bread, legumes and milk :some separated into high, medium and low gi varieties.The graphs show postprandial increase, ( 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, and 120 min.)
(p101-102)

Table 1 also gives the average peak level for each food. Glucose for example was 8.60 mmol/l, potato 8.67mmol/l but legumes only 5.83mmol/l and pasta 6.88mmol/l
http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/89/1/97

Dear HelenM,

I totally agree, I read it some time ago - even before Jenny Rhul!

Regards Dodger

Interesting stuff

Just had beans on toast (whole tin & two slices of GI bread with a bit of butter) will see what my readings are in about an hour (before I cut the grass) reading pre meal was 4.7

I did monitor quite carefully when first diagnosed but only check about once a week now.

Also interesting that I am diet controlled and got 'issued' with a fre style mini and seemingly unlimited test strips but others on here are not.

So 4.7 before eating
7.7 after 30 mins and 7.0 after an hour

Thanks. An hour and 45 mins and I am now down to 5.4

That's brilliant. You're doing better than I can.

Wanna sell me your finger....? 😉

That's brilliant. You're doing better than I can.

Wanna sell me your finger....? 😉

You wouldnt say that if you knew where it has been in the three years since I have been diagnosed...

You wouldnt say that if you knew where it has been in the three years since I have been diagnosed...

Dear sandy,

I agree with tez, whatever your figures were in the past the results you have now achieved show that you still have significant beta-cell function left!

Regards Dodger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back