Norfolk and Suffolk type 1 tech lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there
Looking to see if there are other people in my area who are fans of tech - how's it going getting it here? - how are you using it?
I've had a pump for nearly 10 years - on the back of trying to get pregnant! Was on a pregnancy clinical trial for closed loop back in 2015-16. Ooh it's amazing!
Would love to reach out to local(ish) people.
Best wishes
Esmee

Hi Esmee - I'm in Norfolk, so local(ish). I've only been a T1D since May 2021, so new to both Diabetes with all it's many treatments and querks. I'm very lucky to have a Libre prescription, which I don't know what I'd do without, and am very keen to explore the options with closed loop pumps. I'm hoping that NICE's new guidance will be helping to role the availabiliy of this out soon. Glad to hear it works well for you =]

By restricting your queries to Norfolk you’re severely limiting the replies you’ll get. How people use technology has no reason to be restricted to Norfolk residents only, you’d learn from those living elsewhere too if you were open to that.

By restricting your queries to Norfolk you’re severely limiting the replies you’ll get. How people use technology has no reason to be restricted to Norfolk residents only, you’d learn from those living elsewhere too if you were open to that.
But don’t different Health authorities have different protocols, for example, on which pumps etc are offered? It's useful to know what’s available in the local area. Also from the point of view of meeting up in a face to face group, perhaps to demonstrate tech or generally chat about it.

But don’t different Health authorities have different protocols, for example, on which pumps etc are offered? It's useful to know what’s available in the local area. Also from the point of view of meeting up in a face to face group, perhaps to demonstrate tech or generally chat about it.
If you want to know what’s available to you then ask your hospital. If you’re only interested in how people locally use technology you’re probably better off starting a support group locally rather than using a national forum.

If you want to know what’s available to you then ask your hospital. If you’re only interested in how people locally use technology you’re probably better off starting a support group locally rather than using a national forum.
Unfortunately sometimes the only way to reach out locally is to ask nationally. I only found out about the existence of a new DUK group in my area because they advertised it on this forum.

There are no local groups for people over 18 and who work during the week in Norfolk or Suffolk.....so reaching out here!

Hi Esmee - I'm in Norfolk, so local(ish). I've only been a T1D since May 2021, so new to both Diabetes with all it's many treatments and querks. I'm very lucky to have a Libre prescription, which I don't know what I'd do without, and am very keen to explore the options with closed loop pumps. I'm hoping that NICE's new guidance will be helping to role the availabiliy of this out soon. Glad to hear it works well for you =]
Hello hope all ok with you 🙂

Have you scanned through the new Hybrid Closed Loop guidance @Esmee? Do you think you can make a case to qualify do you think?

When are you next due an appointment at your clinic? Are you on a pump currently?

I have scanned through, and thought I probably couldn't, but will take the time to read it again (and again 🙂 )

Just had the brown envelope through the post this week, got an appointment just before Christmas 🙂

Yes I've had a pump for 10 years - made the case when I was trying to get pregnant. And then was on a clinical trial for HCL for that pregnancy (so I know the basics, and that it's not a miracle cure but really does make a difference - I remember being frustrated with it not responding as quickly to highs and then working out that it reduced the swings up and down). Then had to give the tech back when my child was 6 weeks old; got a Libra 1 when I was planning my second pregnancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back