non invasive monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph-YK

Much missed Member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Not here yet. Just been to an interesting talk from the Dr working on non invasive monitoring of glucose levels. He says it's coming in a matter of years.

There seem to be quite a few technologies being researched at the moment, very promising 🙂 Hopefully, it will mean a more coherent policy regarding testing for Type 2s, with fewer people being reluctant to do it, and more doctors supporting it 🙂

The first device will be something you put your finger on because reading from the finger is easier. If I understood.
Having something wearable, perhaps on the arm, will take more work. Differences between people's skin has an effect.

The Dr mentioned existing non invasive devices. He said there's only one. To measure oxygen levels (and pulse?)? You put it on your finger and it uses a laser.
I've just pick up a device to use overnight.
View media item 91

I've used one of those, twice; the first time at home (supplied by the Lane-Fox Unit which treats my sleep apnoea) and the second when in King's supplied by their own sleep unit).

One of the things about it that I should have mentioned, you wouldn't have to keep buying consumables, like strips. Just the machine I think. So no running costs. Of course, the first non invasive testers will cost.

One of the things about it that I should have mentioned, you wouldn't have to keep buying consumables, like strips. Just the machine I think. So no running costs. Of course, the first non invasive testers will cost.
True, the lifetime savings on strips will be enormous. Plus, I would imagine that it can be used for continuous monitoring as it appears it can be worn next to the skin, like a watch 🙂

Plus, I would imagine that it can be used for continuous monitoring as it appears it can be worn next to the skin, like a watch 🙂
That's what the Dr is hoping to do in the future. He even mentioned the Apple iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back