No thanks Terry, you can keep it...

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Terry has been known to produce a dark choc version of his orange at this season of the year, I'm afraid I do like it but there again if I receive one it lasts me ages, one segment at a time and no more that same day. Takes me half an hour to eat a small satsuma too.

Sally71

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I liked the Christmas pudding one, don’t know if they still make that.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
We always had one, every single Christmas - AND a box of Black Magic, Both of these were my mom's hence we could only have any of either if invited to by mom. This was the same for ALL sweets. Sweets were not an everyday thing else you wouldn't eat your dinner. End of!

Some to do with lack of cash, rationing, not wanting your daughters to be little fatties, teaching your daughters about what equals a balanced meal on the assumption they'd need to feed their family later (and anyway they needed to be included in preparing and cooking anything and everything so mom got help!) it being better to have a small amount of more expensive things (eg a chop each, not just for the adults and give the kids a couple of cheap sausages) and fresh fruit and veg. Starchy and high carb anything simply identified by the generic term 'stodge'. Cos that's what it is! All sweets and choc are firmly in that category.