No steam fair for 2021

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
Just seen that the Great Dorset Steam Fair is cancelled again this year. I'm gutted as was really looking forward to it.
Here's looking forward to 2022.

Kaylz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The only events held in our town are the pageant and the harley davidson in the city and can't see either of those happening, such a shame as our town is and always has been for years a ghost town but the harley event drew in a big crowd from all over xx

silentsquirrel

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Keeping fingers crossed that Burghley can happen this year - being a member (which gives forward parking, big plus point for me) has been a treat in the past. Hopefully a good chance of early September being OK. 60 year anniversary this year, and I went to the first one!

Pine Marten

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just seen that the Great Dorset Steam Fair is cancelled again this year. I'm gutted as was really looking forward to it.
Here's looking forward to 2022.
I sympathise :(. We always go to the Tewkesbury Medieval Festival every July and stay with a friend for the weekend, but it's cancelled again. It was going to be extra special this year as it's the 550th anniversary of the battle of Tewkesbury, and they've been planning it for about 5 years. So instead it's going to be a small affair online... which is not at all the same.

I join you in your 'roll on 2022' sentiment!

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Rempstone Steam Fair was cancelled last year too @Stitch, but this year it's been arranged for July instead of June. With a bit of luck it can go ahead. Not that we are all that interested but as it happens we use exactly the same field for camping rallies and because of the steam fair's use over the years it has been flattened and had not up to last September (first rally we could attend last year though they'd been re-instated post 01 August!) been waterlogged. However the field you have to drive along the side of and both the road gateway and the gateway between the two fields were extremely muddy as we had a lot of rain!

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
With all the morris dancing and other high jinks I am usually off out several times during the week, and often something is on at the weekend too, apart from the first week in August, which is a 9 daies wonder in Sidmouth after which I need a lie down.
(Will Kemp fell out with Will Shakespeare in 1599 and so went off and danced from London to Norwich and then wrote a book about it 'Kemps 9 daies wonder' which sold well in 1600 - so I am told)

Bloden

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’m still waiting to find out whether the Soul II Soul concert I’ve got tickets for (2019 birthday present) will go ahead this year...Sorry to hear about your steam fair @Stitch147.

Stitch147

Relationship to Diabetes
MODY
After yesterday's announcement we was hoping it would go ahead as it's the end of august, the week leading up to the bank holiday. Might try and go away somewhere for a few days.