No spike......

Status
Not open for further replies.

novorapidboi26

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Instead of two rolls for lunch today I had a salad, mixed in with egg and some chcken.........

Still had my yoghurt, apple, bannane and cochalate biscuit.......

Insterad of been 16 three hours later I was 6.5, good news, but not for my love of carbs......:(

I will miss you carbs................:(

Great lunch great no spike. I know what you mean about carbs I like them more than is good for me...

Ooh I can relate to this... 20-odd years of 2 injections a day with 3 square meals & carby snacks morning, afternoon & night have left me with a serious carb addiction! 10 yrs into MDI & I'm still trying to crack the habit! 😱

My problem seems to be at lunchtime as I have what most would say is quite a large lunch, many items anyway........so with them all mixed together the rate at which the glusose is released is too unpredictable........

Although my HbA1c could be improved my motivation for trying to correct the spike is purely because its a pain in the bum.

I will now have to think twice about having a big tub of creamy pasta worth 12 units of insulin......

Novo

Great news on the no-spikometer.

Are you calculating carbs and dose adjusting? Otherwise dropping approx half the carbs in a a meal like that might cause you a spot of bother...

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back