no luck with the doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

recyclequeen

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

Have had a conversation with the doctor on friday she told me that they would not supply lancets and test strips for me (im type2 and diet only) as she could guarantee i would not get to a dangerous level i.e too low or too high.

I informed her that i was not going to stop testing and that i was quite prepared to buy them myself.

Then this morning i had a 3.2 reading, when i rang her to speak to her, she was rather shocked, i reduced her to silence. i have a blood test due on friday so we will see what that brings up.

angie

Hi all

Have had a conversation with the doctor on friday she told me that they would not supply lancets and test strips for me (im type2 and diet only) as she could guarantee i would not get to a dangerous level i.e too low or too high.

I informed her that i was not going to stop testing and that i was quite prepared to buy them myself.

Then this morning i had a 3.2 reading, when i rang her to speak to her, she was rather shocked, i reduced her to silence. i have a blood test due on friday so we will see what that brings up.

angie

Hi Angie how can she guarentee can she see into the future? hope the test goes ok friday

p,s she must of had egg on her face when you rang and told her you were that low

Last edited:
keep testing show her the results at you meeting and sooo good luck xx

Why can't these doctors realise that ANY level that is outside normal range is potentially dangerous. The highs may not have an immediate debilitating effect, but they will potentially cause trouble in the long run. You need to be able to test to see if certain foods cause you to rise to unwanted levels - say 9 or 10 - not just 'dangerous' levels like 25+!

Hope things go well with the blood test, and I hope that you can persuade this doctor of the logic of testing and the error in her reasoning!

3.2 could be dangerous, I certainly wouldn't want someone with a blood sugar of 3.2 on the roads. (I do realise you aren't driving, just in general).
I don't understand why these doctors don't assess each person individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back