no insulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxlou_lxx

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hey, just wondered if any of you guys have had days where you dont need insulin?
I have been taking my lantus, but for the last 3 days I have not needed to take my humalog with anything :confused: And I would say i have had at least 3 hypos today... its weird!
I had spag bol for tea tonight, and pasta yesterday too. the highest my bm has been was 7.2 but short lived!! 🙄
I have been T1 for 21 years so im not honeymooning, I just find it really odd that I have no need for my short acting at the moment! I took 2 units with my chinese on friday as I had chippy chips with it and I went into a severe hypo, the kind where the room spins afterwards and you cant stop dry heaving!! 😱

Do you think this is normal? I have not been exercising or anything different, I just dont know what it could be!! reduced my lantus and everything lol 😱

I haven't heard of it when you are still eating carbs! How many units were you taking before the baby?

before baby I was on 36u lantus, then 8, 8, 10 of humalog! I did think iit was weird but I seriously have had no short acting since friday! 😱

I have clinic tomo though! maybe im cured?hehe

maybe... lol

Im seriously confused though! I know it does sound rediculous, and probably exaggerated, but I am sick of the hypos this weekend! :(

perhaps I will be enlightened tomorrow! 🙄

Todays appointment

well had my apppointment with the dsn today, and seen my dietitan...
Apparently they have no budget up here just yet so they have sent away a request for a pump for me :confused:
when I told her about my no insulin needs over this last weekend (and today) she decided to call the doc... well he said is she sure she is type 1? haha Yeah well for the last 21 years I have been! My old peadiatric nurse was in at the time and thought that the doc was getting carried away with his genetics research he had been doing lately!! She said of course I am type one as I have had dka a few times in my lifetime!!! 🙄
I ended up getting loads of bloods done and one for coeliac ?sp as that is auto immune as well as thyroid which I have an underactive thyroid too!! was sent away with a proper clinic appointment for weds... I was however given a pen which gives out 1/2 unit doses which might come in handy I guess lol
Not really any further forward, but I could of gotten a day off from grace as they were totally in love with her and wanted me to leave her there 😉

Glad to hear the appointment went well and hope that the new tests turn out OK and that you don't have anything else to put up with! 🙂

Hey, just wondered if any of you guys have had days where you dont need insulin?
I have been taking my lantus, but for the last 3 days I have not needed to take my humalog with anything :confused: And I would say i have had at least 3 hypos today... its weird!
I had spag bol for tea tonight, and pasta yesterday too. the highest my bm has been was 7.2 but short lived!! 🙄
I have been T1 for 21 years so im not honeymooning, I just find it really odd that I have no need for my short acting at the moment! I took 2 units with my chinese on friday as I had chippy chips with it and I went into a severe hypo, the kind where the room spins afterwards and you cant stop dry heaving!! 😱

Do you think this is normal? I have not been exercising or anything different, I just dont know what it could be!! reduced my lantus and everything lol 😱

I had a few days where I only needed to take my levemir. It started on the day loads of us met up in Guildford and went on for about a week and a half. No reason or rhyme to it but thank fully I didn't hypo

You already know what I think but I just wanted to wish you well for all the test results hun xxx

Thanks, im sure they will come back fine though! Its all prob down to hormones or something... it always is!🙄

still have no idea why coeliacs is relevant in this equation though! lol 😱

Thanks, im sure they will come back fine though! Its all prob down to hormones or something... it always is!🙄

still have no idea why coeliacs is relevant in this equation though! lol 😱

Might it affect the digestion and therefore the absorbtion of carbs?

yeah thats probably it!! 😱

Forgot to say, the pen she gave me for half doses came in this leather box, like a fountain pen box... how gay is that? the pen is dark green too.... who designs these things? the queen? pmsl its called luxura HD 😉 even the pens are bloody HD lol

She gave me a request for a Lantus solo star... does anyone know why its different to the optiset one?:confused:

yeah thats probably it!!

Forgot to say, the pen she gave me for half doses came in this leather box, like a fountain pen box... how gay is that? the pen is dark green too.... who designs these things? the queen? pmsl its called luxura HD 😉 even the pens are bloody HD lol

She gave me a request for a Lantus solo star... does anyone know why its different to the optiset one?:confused:

I always find it amusing that it's someone's job to come up with these weird names! Best of all are those skin cream products with invented sciencey sounding names 'contains phytoflavine co-resistium lipsomes for optimal dermabrasion...' 😱 Sorry a bit off topic! 😉

Yeah. The optiset is one where your choose a dose (by turning the thingy), then drag the plunger and insert and push. You cannot cancel the dose when the plunger thing is pulled. The doses can only be increased in twos (irritating).

Solostar is similar to most pens. Just turning the dial, inserting, then and a push to deliver. Doses can be increased in 1s.

I found a few difficulties with the optiset: mostly leakage of insulin (meaning that lol you do not know exactly how much you've administered!) and once it even drew a drop of my blood back into the catridge (not a pretty site).

Someone told me the optiset is useful for nursing homes where dose is easy to remember (as the turning thing is set at the dose and you just have to pull, insert and then inject)

Hope the essay helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back