No insulin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_G

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I was just wondering if anyone has had a day like this??

Got up this morning but managed to doze off again and re awoke at middayish. tested and was 4.9 so had a medium sized banana. went out to the shops did a fair bit of walking and then sat in the pub with a friend for a bit, 2 hours after having the banana i retested and was 4.7, so about 4pm i left the pub, felt a bit hungry so went home and had some bacon and eggs followed by a few squares of dark chocolate. Then just sat around the flat watchin tv n doin housework etc..till it was time for dinner, so retested before i had dinner, bout 8pm and was 4.9 so had my usual yummy salad this time with cheese and some bacon (i dont eat alot it fills me up though) tested again just a min ago and am 5.8!

So have gone through the whole day without any of my novarapid!! 😱

Obviously i have had to inject my basal but thats it!! can i do this everyday? or am i just lucky that i may be honeymooning and it will eventualy stop :(
has this happened to anyone??

Wow those are brilliant results! I wish my blood sugars were so steady through the day. I've never been so lucky with not having to inject for any meal even for bacon and eggs I still have to do a couple of units. As for getting up at midday I can only dream 😛 xx

You're an imposter! Those levels are too good with no insulin. Let's hope it carries on forever.🙂
I expect shiv is right but when i was diagnosed there was no honeymoon period. I was straight on to my normal insulin dose so i have no experience of this at all.

Having read a number of threads on here about 'honeymooning' it does sound great on the one hand - but, very unpredictable on the other.
I think i was lucky to have my pancreas pretty much pack up completely straight away because at least i didn't have to continuously change my doses and live with the uncertainty.
Who knows really. It's hard whichever way round it is.

Wow i like this honeymoon stuff! hope it lasts a long time, any idea how long it lasts? i suppose being diabetes everyone is different?

How come i didn't have it when i first got diagnosed as i needed alot of insulin then.

Maybe i should experiment by having that creme egg i have been saving.....😛

I am so very envious! Somehow I wish my honeymoon period had lasted fourteen years! Ah well, I use a pump now so my insulin requirements are much smaller than they used to be.

Tom

How come i didn't have it when i first got diagnosed as i needed alot of insulin then

it's generally thought to occur as a response to when you start injecting insulin and levels coming under control, a 'last gasp' attempt by your pancreas. Different people experience it to different degrees, for me it was about 2 months in and lasted about a year!

This as also happend to me when i havent had any novarapid in the day and just my levimer my levels have been better than when i take my nova 😉

Having read a number of threads on here about 'honeymooning' it does sound great on the one hand - but, very unpredictable on the other.
I think i was lucky to have my pancreas pretty much pack up completely straight away because at least i didn't have to continuously change my doses and live with the uncertainty.
Who knows really. It's hard whichever way round it is.

I never had honeymoning either because I'd had diabetes a while when I was diagnosed so I think my pancreas was all packed up by then x

it's generally thought to occur as a response to when you start injecting insulin and levels coming under control, a 'last gasp' attempt by your pancreas. Different people experience it to different degrees, for me it was about 2 months in and lasted about a year!

ah ok thanks for that 🙂 , im just coming up to the 2 month mark! maybe i am heading the same way as you well i hope it carries on but will prepare myself for when it stops :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back