No insulin pump but Freestle Libre 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dit47

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I haven’t been able to find this in the threads so please forgive me if someone else has already posted.

I am self funding the monitors but finding it impossible to scan because an error message keeps telling me there is an error scanning my NovoPen that I don’t have. I have a Google phone and so not involved with the Apple problem. No chance of getting help from Abbott who have said they will get back to me within 72 hours so three days of wasted money with the monitor. I’m Type 2, on Metformin but these monitors help me to keep my glucose spikes at bay and the Zoe program is telling me how best to manage that. I’m so angry with Abbott for not sorting out this problem and not being available for support. On the phone for an hour, no agent available and happy to waste my money because of their ridiculous app.

Has anyone overcome this, if so, please tell me how.

I have found the only safeguard against server issues is to also have the standalone scanner. Both Abbot and Dexcom apps rely too heavily on internet connectivity and server function.

I have found the only safeguard against server issues is to also have the standalone scanner. Both Abbot and Dexcom apps rely too heavily on internet connectivity and server function.
I have used both and they both work without network coverage where there is no connection the cloud where any server will be located.
Once downloaded, they work standalone for scanning
They will upload readings to the cloud (e.g. To be viewed on LibreView) when they have WiFi connection.
If you have selected auto update, this is the only other time connection is needed.

Ditto...my dexcom is really reliable even if my wifi is not...it talks to my sensor via bluetooth, no internet required for this

This seems only to work with Bluetooth. If I turn it off it doesn’t scan. It’s now started to scan properly and is giving me readings - the app has now been updated to continuous reading without being scanned at all with the phone. However, every time I touch my phone for whatever reason, it vibrates and gives me a message that if can’t scan my nonexistent pump. It’s the nonexistent pump warnings that is the big irritant. Obviously they don’t want to reply. Much too busy messing about with technology that they’ve already messed up and put hundreds of people at risk because the iOS app went offline. The error messages I get tell me to contact the NovoPen makers so I have done that but that hasn’t worked either.

I would switch to Dexcom except that it is more expensive for me to buy, I think.

Have you inadvertently put the setting to connect to a Novapen?

Novopen isn’t a pump @Dit47 Its just an insulin pen. Is there something in the Settings that you can turn off?

Yes, I wonder if there is something in the new update which makes the Novopen Echo a default option and you need to turn it off.

Have you inadvertently put the setting to connect to a Novapen?
I do have mine set up with my two Novopens but the app never asks me to scan a Novopen (did when I added the pens, I guess, but that was an obvious one time thing where I clicked on the "add pen" thing). When I scan the sensor it just does that, and when I scan the Novopens it scans those.

@Dit47 If you scroll down to insulin pens on the main LibreLink menu, what does it come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back