No eye problems at 5 years from diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drummer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just received notification that the retina check done in December 22 showed no problems.
I was fairly confident that it would be fine - but when I read it in black and white there was a sense of relief.
I still need to get other tests done - and try to get to see the dentist, but hopefully will get an MOT pass before I turn 72 in April - now that does seem impossible. I remember being 7 years old and thinking how old 14 would be, and 21 - ancient.

Its all relative I guess, just grin and bear it, my daughter asked me the other nignt if I was born before tv was invented, bloody cheek, then informs me that she can double her age and it probably wouldn't be possible for me to do that That would make me 124 in 62 years time .

I went around with my dad in his TV repairman van when he was drilling holes in the side of tellies and fitting the control box so they could pick up ITV before that it was BBC only.
I remember Listen with Mother on the radio, Toytown with Larry the Lamb and Mr Plod, and Mr Grouser - and was it Dennis the Dashound?

My daughter obviously thought her Grandmother was very old as she asked her if she would have used bone needles when she was a little girl.
We had to laugh but I don't think Grandma was amused

My daughter obviously thought her Grandmother was very old as she asked her if she would have used bone needles when she was a little girl.
We had to laugh but I don't think Grandma was amused
I have my grandmother's bone crochet hooks which are almost a holy relic.
I can still remember her sitting in the evenings making garments for all her grandchildren - each one got a layette, the main part done in white and once born an edging of a row of pink or blue rayon along with the white yarn and then several rows of white rayon along with the white yarn was added. A lot of the 'village girls' got shawls for their babies, and all the family had waistcoats, scarves and other small items she'd made around the house long after she'd left us.

My mother had bone knitting needles which had belonged to her mother - one pair were size 13 and there were a set of double ended ones even smaller, also some more normal sizes diameter, but enormously long - just WHY? No way by the time I was a child (in the mid 1950s) did anyone knit with any thread or wool that fine.

Great to hear @Drummer

I got my “no eye problems from diabetes” letter this morning too - 32 years for me.

I’ve a selection of gardening tools from grandparents on my Mum’s side, and a box of tools from Grandad’s shed on my Dad’s side, which still have a distinctive patina of oil.

I have my grandmother's bone crochet hooks which are almost a holy relic
Snap. It is beautiful and lovely to use.

Good news on your eyes. It is lovely to get the letter of all clear and feels a bit like a small diabetes victory.

Great to hear @Drummer

I got my “no eye problems from diabetes” letter this morning too - 32 years for me.

I’ve a selection of gardening tools from grandparents on my Mum’s side, and a box of tools from Grandad’s shed on my Dad’s side, which still have a distinctive patina of oil.
I can better that 🙂 Almost 58 years for me. It's such a relief when the letter arrives isn't it?

I can better that 🙂 Almost 58 years for me. It's such a relief when the letter arrives isn't it?

Hats off to you Sue! And yes, it sure is 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back