No Carbs and sweating more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marnie606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Someone advised me to “cut out carbs” and I have done. My daily blood sugar readings have improved as has my blood pressure. I’ve cut out potatoes, bread, cakes, biscuits totally. Now though I am sweating more than ever, my scalp and neck get so hot!

Has anyone got any further advice in this please?

Marnie

I suspect that what you now have is normal and you are no longer suffering a lack of blood to the skin and possibly other small blood vessel supplied areas too.

The weather is still close but not as bad as it was .....however I am still having to visit the shower three times a day

I lost a lot of weight and have been low-carb for almost a year now, and I hardly sweat. Even in this hot weather when I got for a walk or jog I barely sweat. It's very odd, as prior to that I'd sweat like a pig.

I lost a lot of weight and have been low-carb for almost a year now, and I hardly sweat. Even in this hot weather when I got for a walk or jog I barely sweat. It's very odd, as prior to that I'd sweat like a pig.
What are your bg levels ?

I’ve sweat so much since I’ve cut out carbs, it’s not much fun. I’m better if course now it’s cooler so maybe I’ll be ok. My blood sugar levels are good so that’s pleased me. Down to 6.5 and was 14+ when I first started the no -carb diet.

Someone advised me to “cut out carbs” and I have done. My daily blood sugar readings have improved as has my blood pressure. I’ve cut out potatoes, bread, cakes, biscuits totally. Now though I am sweating more than ever, my scalp and neck get so hot!

Has anyone got any further advice in this please?

Marnie
Hi, have you reported this to your nurse? I was told low card/low GI not no carbs.

Quick websearch and found this...... One of the main reasons for excessive sweating while following a low carb diet is loss of water. In addition to having low carb food, one should also drink plenty of water. If you do not drink water, the body will get dehydrated and it will result in excessive sweating.
Worth a try to keep your fluids up i suppose and see if things improve.

Quick websearch and found this...... One of the main reasons for excessive sweating while following a low carb diet is loss of water. In addition to having low carb food, one should also drink plenty of water. If you do not drink water, the body will get dehydrated and it will result in excessive sweating.
Worth a try to keep your fluids up i suppose and see if things improve.
I think you have given me the best advice yet .....it makes sense x

Hi, have you reported this to your nurse? I was told low card/low GI not no carbs.
Well in truth, it is impossible to eat a Nil carb regime. Nobody can stay alive only eating protein and fat.

Well in truth, it is impossible to eat a Nil carb regime. Nobody can stay alive only eating protein and fat.
Agreed and there’s a article on the site about keto that’s very concerning for diabetics that go to no carbsz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back