Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelha

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
nightmare day :-(

Hello - sorry just need a moan.

Today is going to be horrid.

First I have to go to the hospital to see a new psychiatrist in the ante/post natal clinic.

Second meeting with boss and head of be about maternity things (an advert just went out for a new post which includes some of my tasks v confusing), which I am sure will turn into a discussion about my health.

Third after work go to dentist for a filling, I am terrified of dentists, I turn into a snivelling wreck just at a check up, its pathetic.

Just want to hide in bed until tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm sure every thing will be fine. We all expect the worst and are nicely surprised when the best happens, although I am with you on the dentist as I turn into another person when I have to see one!

I hope things go well, come back and let us know how the day goes and then get on with enjoying the weekend.

Hi Rachel, sounds like a tough day, especially getting all those things together. Try to just think ahead to this evening when you will have got it all out of the way. I hope that things go much better than you fear, and that the dentist in particular is nice to you and the filling is pain-free 🙂

New head Dr is nice, just spent almost 90 mins with him. Have to go back in 2 weeks, keep a thought diary and donkey my dose of the antideps. He is far more worried about the harm my anxiety levels could be doing to the baby than my sugar levels. Have to try not to worry even more about that.

I'm glad he is nice, sounds like a good idea the thought diary. It is hard not to worry about what your bg's are doing and whether they are causing any harm to the little one but that's why diabetic ladies have lots more scans. Jessica was okay other than the problems with her levels after the delivery but that was only for 3 days and I had a nightmare trying to control them at the end. The main thing is that right at the start you keep the levels steady when the baby is developing x

Glad all went well witht he doctor this morning. Another friend who had depression was advised to keep a diary for six weeks and write everything in it. She found it helped immensly because she was writing things down she felt she couldn't tell anyone else. It reduced greatly her need for anti depressants and the frequency of her visits to see the doctor, and she now only needs minimal support.

Glad to hear that your appointment went well and you had the time to discuss things. I often found that writing things down and showing them to my therapist was an easier way for me to open up discussion or broach subjects I found it hard to talk about. I hope that the dentist appointment isn't as bad as you anticipate tonight.

Hello again - the work maternity talk has actually reassured me a bit. I had been told that I would only be able to come back full time or half time. I did not think this was right and it is not. They have to consider my application to come back at whatever hours I want.

I dont think it will exactly the same job that I come back to, as one of the directors PAs is going to take over some admin work I do so it will be more based in the finance department. I guess this is good careerwise, but I qutie like the admin side, as it gets me out of my office and dealing with other people more. Still a bit confused. I have to complete the return to work form this weekend and let them know when I am going on maternity leave, and when I plan to return.

Glad that the talk about maternity leave went well. Have you decided what you want to do about going on maternity leave, when can you take it from? Can you decide after the birth when you want to return?

Luckily I didn't have to worry about any of that because I didn't have a job at the time. x

Survived the dentist. She had to stop a couple of times so I could calm down a bit and stop shaking but it was ok. I.am not sure why the dentist turns me into such a gibbering, I think it might have been my dads horror stories of when he was little.

Emma, I am thinking of starting my maternity leave at 39 weeks and taking 4 weeks annual leave before that. I have quite a lot of holidays to take so I may also just do 4 days a week from July, taking weds as holidays. I need to conform all this with the boss though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back