Nightmare Day - 1.6 to 17.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today my BS have been all over the place. The worst thing though was my hypo at 10.30am, I didn't get any signs until I realised my vision was blurred so tested and I was 1.6! 😱 That is the lowest I have ever been. I ended up at 17.7 an hour later although I can't even remember what I ate and am sure it was too much! Got back to a normal 7.7 before lunch and 8.3 2 hrs after lunch so thought back on track but was then 17.4 again before tea!

Who know's what it'll be when I test later! Just wish I could get control back, this week has been awful.

1.6 is soooo low. Poor you, you probably ate everything in sight, I know I do when I'm really low. It's survival instinct I think. Horrible to be yo-yoing all day. You've had a really rough week. You will get your control back once you are better in yourself, don't despair.xx

1.6 is soooo low. Poor you, you probably ate everything in sight, I know I do when I'm really low. It's survival instinct I think. Horrible to be yo-yoing all day. You've had a really rough week. You will get your control back once you are better in yourself, don't despair.xx

Thank you. I have finished the steroids now so things should get back on track now I know. Hopefully anyway! 🙂

I think that now you have finished the steroids things should begin to settle, I do admire how you've coped with them, you've given me fresh hope to have a go if ever I really have to have them again (I hope I don't). Just allow yourself a bit of time and don't be surprised if you have some lows, you've had to almost drown yourself in insulin this week!! All the best.

You have had a rebound from the low of 1.6 - this is when your liver dumps glucose and sends your levels high. But, dont over correct for this as your liver needs time to recover. You are at risk of another low hypo for the next 24 hours at least - so do let yourself run a bit higher than normal to compensate. I would also set your alarm for 3am as this is when you naturally go low.🙂Bev

You have had a rebound from the low of 1.6 - this is when your liver dumps glucose and sends your levels high. But, dont over correct for this as your liver needs time to recover. You are at risk of another low hypo for the next 24 hours at least - so do let yourself run a bit higher than normal to compensate. I would also set your alarm for 3am as this is when you naturally go low.🙂Bev

Your reply was correct - I woke up at 5am at 2.2. Unfortunately I didn't read your reply until now though so didn't wake myself up to check! I am in the frame of mind that today is going to be a good day - positive thinking and all that 🙂

Your reply was correct - I woke up at 5am at 2.2. Unfortunately I didn't read your reply until now though so didn't wake myself up to check! I am in the frame of mind that today is going to be a good day - positive thinking and all that 🙂

Hi Newbs,
Sorry to hear you have had another low. You must feel exhausted. Its good that you woke up though. Given what has happened - please let yourself run high for the next couple of days to give your liver time to recover as it has dealt with 2 low hypo's and will be depleted. You might have another rebound today - so dont over correct as you will be on the cycle of high low high low etc. Hope things settle down for you.🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back