Night toilet visits

Stevie B

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi everyone

I have been taken Metformin 1000mg twice a day for 9 months now .
Over the past month or so I have been visiting the bathroom several times at night .

I understood that Metformin relieved this symptom as it seemed to do so during the first
eight months .

Has anything changed, eg: you are drinking more water or drinking late at night?

Hi everyone

Over the past month or so I have been visiting the bathroom several times at night .

I understood that Metformin relieved this symptom as it seemed to do so during the first
eight months .
You are a bloke of a certain age, have you had your prostate checked, early symptoms of an enlarged prostate are frequent night loo visits.
Also if your diet has slipped a bit and the metformin is not helping to keep your blood glucose down.
The other thing is a UTI.
Are you having caffeinated drinks at night as they could be irritating the bladder.
My other half found the herbal Nytol helpful as he was having trouble sleeping a while ago.

Suggest you talk it through with your GP. Sorting out whether it is diabetes or something else (like prostate issues as suggested above) can only really be done with their input.

Also suggest you do not delay. If it is prostate then the sooner you get it looked at the better, if only to eliminate prostate cancer. Once that is done then there are quite effective medications for dealing with the annoying side effects of a naturally enlarging prostate on top of diabetes. Been there.....

Hi everyone

eight months .

What are you blood glucose levels like? Are you checking?

Back