Night hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmal31

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a night time hypo last night a 3.3 so not a really low one so I treated as normal with a coke and biscuit which usually does the trick if I'm 2.8 or above anything below that and I have to have another coke.Last night I treated it as normal so didn't bother checking it after 10 minutes because I thought it would be enough but 20 minutes later my arms started tingling like mad (first time this has happened in a long time) and I left it a few minutes because I thought it was just because I was laying funny but the feeling just got worse. So I did get up eventually and checked it and it was 3.2 :confused: so I treated again and checked after 10 minutes it was 5.4 so I went to sleep.

I woke up this morning and it's 15.8 😱 I don't get it! needless to say I've felt pretty rough all day. I really hate waking up and it being so high and it had probably been like that all night 😡 I really wish i'd checked it when I got up with Jessica later on in the night.

x

Suspect you didn;t really need the second treatment that is why you ended up high in the morning. having the biscuit right away would have likely slowed down the coke absorbtion, so thats why it took some time to work and you were still low 20 minutes later.
Sometimes it is hard to do it all correctly when waking up in the night hypo.

Hope you have a steady night and feel better tomorrow.

I think Shiv is right the biscuit slowed down the coke. It is so hard to get night time hypo treatment right, when you are hypo and half asleep trying to make rational decisions is impossible. I really have to fight the urge to completely stuff my face with biscuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back