Nigella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan221

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Did anyone see Nigella's Xmas programme last night, in particular her 'Girdle Buster' pie? How much sugar did that have in it??? A slice of that on Xmas Day would keep me whizzing well into January!

Did anyone see Nigella's Xmas programme last night, in particular her 'Girdle Buster' pie? How much sugar did that have in it??? A slice of that on Xmas Day would keep me whizzing well into January!
ha ha missed it. she should re-name it DKA pie if its got that much sugar in it!!! surely it would effect even the non-diabetics out there...?

It had crushed digestive biscuits and chocolate chunks as a base, coffee ice cream in the middle and a thick butterscotch topping. The main 2 ingredients of the topping were golden syrup and brown sugar. It made gypsy tart look like the diet option!

It had crushed digestive biscuits and chocolate chunks as a base, coffee ice cream in the middle and a thick butterscotch topping. The main 2 ingredients of the topping were golden syrup and brown sugar. It made gypsy tart look like the diet option!
i think i will just stick to jamie oliver, hes cooking turkey etc this week leading up to christmas..yum. nigelas cake sounds too sweet even for me. it would bring you out a hypo quick though!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back