Nigel Farage "NHS almost killed me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy HB

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
BBC article today about Farage saying how NHS gp failed to diagnose his testicular cancer when he was young.

I say that it WAS a show of shocking incompetence from the NHS! I'd like to know why they didn't succeed! :D

Damn, someone missed an opportunity there! 😉

Well, for all his faults, he has stirred things up a bit, and I think it says a lot about today's politics that a party like the one he represents can have the impact it has. 😱

Damn, someone missed an opportunity there! 😉

Quite agree :D
What gets me is he hasn't worked out that those same NHS Drs also do private practice in some cases. 🙄

Quite agree :D
What gets me is he hasn't worked out that those same NHS Drs also do private practice in some cases. 🙄

That was my thoughts too when I read this on Twitter. They also train the same Doctors too!

More recently, NHS patched him up after an aeroplane stunt went wrong on election day 2010. He didn't acknowledge that as keenly as initial misdiagnosis by NHS staff of testicular cancer.

Well my husband had a swollen testicle, saw the GP, she was going to refer him immediately so being in BUPA at the time he went privately (but even so, the referral WAS immediate so would have been treated almost as urgently by the NHS I'm 100% certain)

Anyway it was epididimal cysts which were removed NP.

I also had a colleague who had one testicle removed in his 20's, when I was still in my teens, and there was most certainly no delay there either so I just reckon Nigel was bloody unlucky and not that it's the general state of the NHS either then or now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back