Status
Not open for further replies.

DouglasXKR

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Helpful …

The useful section is:

Continuous glucose monitoring​

1.6.17 Offer intermittently scanned continuous glucose monitoring (isCGM, commonly referred to as 'flash' ie Libre) to adults with type 2 diabetes on multiple daily insulin injections if any of the following apply:
  • they have recurrent hypoglycaemia or severe hypoglycaemia
  • they have impaired hypoglycaemia awareness
  • they have a condition or disability (including a learning disability or cognitive impairment) that means they cannot self-monitor their blood glucose by capillary blood glucose monitoring but could use an isCGM device (or have it scanned for them)
  • they would otherwise be advised to self-measure at least 8 times a day.
My consultant offered the opinion that if Nice approved the use of a CGM, he would approve it. I’ll find out as at least 2 of these conditions apply.

About time too, I see no difference between a T1 and a T2 on MDI insulin in terms of management.

What I do object to is Abbott’s monopoly on NHS patients, so their shabby system and worse customer service can continue to make loads of money. That’s despite the vagaries of their sensors, specially with Libre 2, and a Bluetooth range so feeble I could wee further than the sensor range even at my age.

Yes, it’s cheaper than the competition, but for sure you soon find out why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back