NHS trust urges staff to ration stationery and stamps as cash crisis plumbs new depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
One of the country’s biggest NHS trusts has urged staff to ration paper and stationery, to only use second class stamps and has asked heads of nursing put themselves down for ward shifts, as the NHS’s cash crisis plumbs new depths this winter.

In a letter to staff, seen by The Independent, managers at London North West Healthcare Trust, warn that the trust is “in danger” of missing its target of a “planned” £88m deficit and say “further restrictions upon expenditure” are needed.

These include all stationery purchases and computer upgrades having to be approved in weekly meetings with a senior manager, a crackdown on staff using taxis, and a call for furniture to be “recycled” rather than replaced where possible.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...s-cash-crisis-plumbs-new-depths-a6762741.html

Rationing of paper and stationary happened frequently towards the end of financial year when I worked in the NHS. I have been retired nearly 4 years.

I'm guessing they'll save big money by not sending out letters telling you when you have an appointment... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back