Nhs taking back my libre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone can help- I recently called my diabetes team to ask about the freestyle libre 2 ( I am on Libre 1) due to me measuring over 24 times a day due to my job, hypo symptoms starting readings lower than 6 and so on. The nurse asked why and who even approved my current sensor as if I don’t meet the eligibility criteria even for my current one. Long story short- I called for an upgrade now I am afraid they might take my libre back/stop it completely. I have another call with the team next week after my annual blood tests but is it possible for them to do this? Thank you!

Hi there,

Was wondering if anyone can help- I recently called my diabetes team to ask about the freestyle libre 2 ( I am on Libre 1) due to me measuring over 24 times a day due to my job, hypo symptoms starting readings lower than 6 and so on. The nurse asked why and who even approved my current sensor as if I don’t meet the eligibility criteria even for my current one. Long story short- I called for an upgrade now I am afraid they might take my libre back/stop it completely. I have another call with the team next week after my annual blood tests but is it possible for them to do this? Thank you!

Sorry to hear this @Andra Gabriela - sounds very stressful for you.

Try not to be too anxious or upset until you have spoken to them. Hopefully it’s must a misunderstanding. It would be good to know why the nurse thinks you don’t meet the criteria?

If you need to be checking your BG more than 8 times a day (which it sounds like you do, particularly if your job involves driving or high risk activity) then you meet the mandatory NHS England criteria.

If you start to feel hypo symptoms below 6.0mmol/L it could be that your BG levels are slightly above the optimum range, and your ‘glucose thermostat’ needs to reset a little? Do you know the average glucose level from your Libre? Do you see lots of variation in levels throughout the day?

Let us know how you get on.

I hope this gets sorted ASAPas you certainly meet the criteria on the number of tests alone .
Was this nurse your DSN or the Gp diabetes practice nurse (dn)

I noticed from another thread that you had stopped using insulin back in April, because of your hypos, have you resumed taking it now? I can see why your nurse wouldn’t think you qualify if you aren’t on a regular insulin regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back