NHS structure changes come into force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Government reforms of the NHS in England have come into force and health leaders warn of a tough year ahead.

Monday marks the first day of the new structures.

GP-led groups have taken control of local budgets and a new board, NHS England, has started overseeing the day-to-day running of services.

The NHS Confederation said the reforms represented a big opportunity but should not be seen as a "silver bullet" for the challenges ahead.

Mike Farrar, chief executive of the confederation, which represents health managers, said the squeeze on finances and the need to rebuild public confidence after the Stafford Hospital scandal meant the NHS was facing a critical period.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21964568

Time will tell what effect these changes will have on patient care.

Time will tell what effect these changes will have on patient care.

I think it's fair to assume that the short term will see very little change, but as budgets are squeezed annually the long term doesn't look anywhere near as bright.

I think it's fair to assume that the short term will see very little change, but as budgets are squeezed annually the long term doesn't look anywhere near as bright.

Very true, the first year they'll be little change but its the long term where my fears are 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back