NHS Soups and Shakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woods268

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've just had my referall go through to start the NHS soups and shakes diet have many people do it on here? What am i to expect? How easy or hard is it? And any general advice?

So say the least i am fairly nervous about it but i have the drive to do it.

Thanks Richard

Unfortunately my referral for this was declined, so I can't help sorry, but am interested to see what other folks think about it

Possibly not what you want to hear. I've known two work colleagues complete this plan. Both did really well and lost a huge amount of weight while they were on the plan. Unfortunately neither were given long-term dietary advice going forward and both put all the weight back on once they had stopped.

One lady retired so I don't know what happened to her, the second opted for bariatric surgery and lost the weight again.

I was offered it by my GP back in January '23 but declined as I love my food way too much to restrict myself to this level.

I've just had my referall go through to start the NHS soups and shakes diet have many people do it on here? What am i to expect? How easy or hard is it? And any general advice?

So say the least i am fairly nervous about it but i have the drive to do it.

Thanks Richard

Hope it goes well for you @Woods268

We’ve had a few members who have found it very helpful as a ‘kick start’ to their weight loss. Or as a short term intervention to try to clear visceral fat from around organs in the abdomen. Though it is important to maintain the lost weight when the short-term restricted diet ends.

One of our members @Kreator wrote about his experiences with Oviva, one of the NHS providers, in this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back