NHS 'On The Table' In Post-Brexit US-UK Trade Deal, Says American Ambassador

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The NHS would be “on the table” in any post-Brexit UK-US trade deal agreed by Donald Trump, the American ambassador has said.

Woody Johnson said on Sunday said the “entire economy” would be part of any transatlantic agreement.

Asked in the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show if this included healthcare, Johnson said: “I would think so.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/nhs-on-the-table-in-post-brexit-us-uk-trade-deal-says-american-ambassador_uk_5cf39a9ee4b0a1997b6bb581

That would be Woody JOHNSON from huge US pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson... :(

Just :( 😡 :(

Last edited:
That wouldn’t trouble the likes of Jeremy Hunt, or Nigel Farage. Or, indeed, quite a few in the Tory party. Thatcher would never dare privatise the NHS, because it would be electoral suicide. Do we want to sell our furniture to obtain insulin?

And Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland won’t be safe, because the US are looking at the whole UK, even though health services are devolved.

I don’t think any Tory leader would ever get elected with a plan to privatise the NHS and introduce private insurance, that’s what we pay National Insurance for. Unless the plan to abolish poverty includes killing off poor people. But you never know.

I blame David Cameron, and I can do that without using racist terminology.

The government has been trying to do away with the NHS for years, bit by bit. As for dealings with Donald Trump, I wouldn't take any word of his seriously to me it has no value. Not that I take any politicians word seriously from any party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back