NHS: Jeremy Hunt took SEVEN MONTHS to visit an A&E ward as Health Secretary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Jeremy Hunt waited SEVEN MONTHS into his tenure as Health Secretary before he bothered to visit an accident and *emergency ward, it has emerged.

And after giving them a miss during the difficult winter months, when he finally did visit, he chose one just a short walk from his Westminster office.

Information obtained by Labour reveals that Mr Hunt visited St Thomas? on April 3 ? 211 days after he started the job.

It means he missed seeing for himself the turmoil of a period when patients faced waits of 12 hours ? three times the target set by his own Government to get people in and out.

Details of Mr Hunt?s body swerve emerged following a Parliamentary *question tabled by the Shadow Minister for Health, Jamie Reed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-jeremy-hunt-took-seven-2050805

Missed the turmoil? I have never heard anything so stupid.

Like they wouldn't have made sure everything was spick and span when he visits.:D

He snubbed 4,000 invites!!!!

He must of been busy thinking about the increase to his salary come 2015 🙄

Just read the comments at the bottom and this jumped out at me.

The only way to stop the NHS from becoming totally private, is to stop the EU/ US trade agreement. The EU is now including 'investor protection' in its trade agreements which allows corporations to directly sue governments if their corporate 'rights' are infringed or profits 'expropriated', for instance by any new legislation that would limit future profit-making. So the HSCA and the section 75 regulations that put into effect international harmonisation therefore become 'set in stone' ? irreversible even with a different government authorised by a direct electoral mandate to take such a step. See here; h tt p://rollo57.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/ and not in my name on the same blog! (take the gap out of link)

Interesting reading, completely off topic of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back