NHS hit by resignations of two CCG chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Core aspects of of the Government?s health reforms were thrown into doubt this week after two GP commissioners resigned, saying that the demands of their new management roles were compromising their work as doctors.

The Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) chairs for both Lewisham and Hull have left their posts, just four months after CCGs were set up around the country. Both departing chairs said the pressures of planning and buying in local health services, while also continuing their clinical role as family doctors, had become unmanageable.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...y-resignations-of-two-ccg-chairs-8754741.html

Hardly surprising really 🙄 Good on them for having the courage to go, but surprised they hadn't expected it.

Not surprised but glad they stood up for themselves.

I would like the PCT back as the CCG don't have a clue

Well I'm a bit totally surprised and bepuzzled really.

My pump funding like everyone else's, was provided by my PCT. All the invoices were addresses to them. Last week I ordered some supplies. First ones since March (we went abroad for 3 months and I had a shedload of stuff beforehand on the principle 'take twice what you think you'll need'.)

Invoice was addressed to my Hospital NHS Trust. I expected it to be the CCG which replaced the PCT !

Is that what's happening to everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back