NHS complaints investigations inadequate, says review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
More than 40% of NHS investigations into patient complaints are not good enough, according to a review by the office of the health service ombudsman.

In a review of 150 cases into allegations of avoidable harm or death, it found failings in the handling of 61 complaints by NHS trusts in England.

The review looked at the quality of the investigations and the evidence relied on, as well as statements and records.

The government said it was working to create a "more open NHS culture".

Ombudsman Dame Julie Mellor will appear next week before the public administration select committee - which is looking into the issue of NHS complaints and clinical failure.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31168260

I read that this morning.

They are going to set up something to investigate.

Let's not do anything to cure it let's appoint yet another bloody committee to discuss it and produce yet another bloody report and spend money on that instead of Medical staff. However, our white collar mates will be fully occupied and paid excellently well to do the committee work.

I'm sick of it.

I'm waiting for just anybody to come canvassing and if they haven't got INSTANT answers to my long list of NHS questions, they can bog off.

If anybody from the monster raving loonies to the communists had some SENSIBLE plans for health in their manifesto, I'd most likely vote for them even if I didn't like anything else.

I truly wonder how many people - like me! - wouldn't actually MIND paying a bit more income tax - if I thought 'they' would use the dosh where it's needed ?

Grief - am I all to cock, or do I actually remember paying about 8/- in the £1 which then reduced to 7/6d? I'm certain we did. We now only pay 4/- in the £1. Ridiculous. Mind you - surtax was 19/6 in the £1 which was somewhat draconian - but we used to say well we'll never earn anything like the surtax bracket so we didn't worry about it. But if they needed that amount of tax to pay for Mr Bevin's NHS - why the hell do they think they can manage on a pittance like we're paying now and maintain the same service when it costs more comparatively now than it did then, because of all the new treatments?

They are potty. Stands to reason they can't !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back