Nexus strip reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tismeinnit

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I'm hoping someone can explain the nexus strip results please? I was surprised to see mine read 28.8, but I googled it the results were only coming up in ml's so totally confused. I'm type 2 on tablets.

Hi @Tismeinnit, welcome to the forum! 🙂

Were you just recently diagnosed? You test your blood sugar to check how much glucose is in your blood at the time of testing. Ideally you want to be between 4-7mmol/l as much as possible, but your doctor/nurse might've given you a different target range if you're new to diabetes.

How often are you testing your sugar levels? Are you testing before and after eating meals? 28.8mmol/l is high, so I'd recommend contacting your health team for advice if you continue to get similar results. Do you know what your HbA1c level is? You would've had an HbA1c test done recently which indicates your average blood sugar level over the past few months.

Hi, I'm hoping someone can explain the nexus strip results please? I was surprised to see mine read 28.8, but I googled it the results were only coming up in ml's so totally confused. I'm type 2 on tablets.
Make sure your meter is reading in mmol/l as that is the normal units for a spot test whereas the HbA1C test result will be in mmol/mol and would be in numbers most likely above 48mmol/mol to have given you a diagnosis.
Your home testing you would expect something below 7mmol/l before meals and 2 hours after no more than a 2-3mmol/l increase but aiming at no more than 8mmol/l.
Always make sure your have washed your hand just to make sure you don't have anything sugary on your fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back