Next weeks 'big night in'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
I am thinking about next wednesdays 'big night in' and think we should try a low or no carb meal.
I might do a basal test so I will list foods that we can either have bread etc with or without so those who want a bit of carb can.

cheese and meat platter
no milk omelette with cheese and ham (or similar filling)
egg/prawn/fish/meat salad
bacon and eggs
salmon and poached egg salad
chicken breast stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon + salad

Thats all I can think of at the moment - so please add your ideas and we will have a short list and poll.🙂Bev

everything is involving cheese and eggs which those colestrol checking might find tough ...although I've just brought 24 pullet eggs for ?1.25 so might do curried eggs UMMMMM . I ll try and think of something easy and good X

Ill be there and id go with egg salad and id wolf it down hehe.INFACT the only thing i wont eat on that is the last one, anything else thats voted for id have no issues.

everything is involving cheese and eggs which those colestrol checking might find tough ...although I've just brought 24 pullet eggs for ?1.25 so might do curried eggs UMMMMM . I ll try and think of something easy and good X

I didnt think of that!😱The problem might be that type1's who want to do the basal test might find it hard to fill up without eggs or cheese. But lets see if there are more suggestions as i am sure type 2's will be able to add lots more!🙂Also - basal testers cant do curry as there is often carbs in the curry sauce.🙂Bev

I didnt think of that!😱The problem might be that type1's who want to do the basal test might find it hard to fill up without eggs or cheese. But lets see if there are more suggestions as i am sure type 2's will be able to add lots more!🙂Also - basal testers cant do curry as there is often carbs in the curry sauce.🙂Bev

ummm tricky one ..but i love 'bevs big night in' maybe we could have a basic ingredients thingy and see what we all come up with ......bev tell me where are the carbs in the curry sauce...from the onions or the spices 😱 i eat lots of curry chilli etc

Hi AM,
If you buy a jar of curry sauce - it will tell you on the back of the jar. They usually use something to thicken the sauce which is either potato or flour = carbs. They also add sugar to some jars. If you make your own - most people add flour to thicken it = carbs.🙂Bev

ahh ah dont use the sauces or flour ...but understand totally for those that do ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back