Newly diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceyd

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hello thanks for letting me join. I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I previously had gestational diabetes but over 23 years ago. I have been prescribed metformin after a few days had to increase the dose to 2 in the morning 2 in the evening. I suddenly found myself feeling very nauseous and having diahorea so my nurse changed my tablets to slow release metformin. Unfortunately after three days feeling absolutely fine the indigestion, vomiting and diahorea have come back making me feel worse than ever my Dr has prescribed me anti sickness pills yesterday so yet to collect but I feel absolutely drained and I carnt afford to keep having time of work. Has any one else had these symptoms with taking metformin and what did you find the best solution was thankyou

Hi I have similar issues with metformin, the slow release does help and as does the anti sickness meds, can you pick them up asap? There are other medication options if metformin is not for you, it tends to be the starter treatment for most of us type 2’s but is not the only option

Hi I have similar issues with metformin, the slow release does help and as does the anti sickness meds, can you pick them up asap? There are other medication options if metformin is not for you, it tends to be the starter treatment for most of us type 2’s but is not the only option
Yes I am going to collect this afternoon just alot to take in with what I can eat etc and with feeling yuk as well

Yes I am going to collect this afternoon just alot to take in with what I can eat etc and with feeling yuk as well
There are some good tips about what to eat in the link I posted in the other thread you started. Until your stomach settles go for plan and simple, eggs, soup home made preferably, meat and fish with salads and veg, yoghurt maybe try probiotic as that should help your stomach. Sugarfree jelly and cream or Kvarg deserts.

Sorry your feeling rough and glad your collecting soon, if your a member the learning zone is a good place to start to learn more but each of us do tend to have to find our own path with foods but this forum is so supportive so glad you found us.

Hello thanks for letting me join. I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I previously had gestational diabetes but over 23 years ago. I have been prescribed metformin after a few days had to increase the dose to 2 in the morning 2 in the evening. I suddenly found myself feeling very nauseous and having diahorea so my nurse changed my tablets to slow release metformin. Unfortunately after three days feeling absolutely fine the indigestion, vomiting and diahorea have come back making me feel worse than ever my Dr has prescribed me anti sickness pills yesterday so yet to collect but I feel absolutely drained and I carnt afford to keep having time of work. Has any one else had these symptoms with taking metformin and what did you find the best solution was thankyou
Oh yes - I was very badly affected my Metformin and I was taking Atorvastatin as well.
In only a few weeks I had lost the will to live, in a month I was suicidal.
I stopped taking the tablets at Christmas and just stuck to low carb eating. By the time I was tested in February I was no longer diabetic, so I decided I never needed the tablets in the first place.
The mental confusion, absent mindedness and inability to remember really frightened me, plus the explosive incontinence and I never even needed to take the tablets in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back